Sunday, October 5, 2014

Welcome to autumn!

It's apple season, welcome to Adam's Apples! If you are curious about this fruit you have come to the right place.

Here you can find more than 300 different varieties described in my opinionated catalog. If that's more than you can chew, you might visit my seasonal guide or my Michelin-style rating system for apples.

Up for something new? I have special suggestions for fans of Red Delicious, McIntosh, Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, and Honeycrisp. These apples can be great, but variety is the spice of life.

Click here for some random apple lore. Or see all the topics I've covered. (Here's a visual index too.)

If you're reading this on your phone, here's a list of more than 300 links to apple reviews, alphabetical by name.

To follow or subscribe or share or contact me, see my connect page.

A cotillion of Lady apples contra dancing across the October sky.



Poke around and see what's here. I'm not selling anything other than my own enthusiasm for the amazing variety of apples. This is an ad-free site

If you feel like repaying my efforts, let me know what was good. Share your own experience or questions or thoughts in a comment to the appropriate page. Share my blog with a friend.

PS Don't miss my list of apple resources elsewhere on the web.

And thanks for stopping by. Have a great fall!

5 comments:

  1. Hello, I wonder if you can help me. I want to but Pink Lady Apple tree and Red Fuji Apples tree to take to Egypt but have had no success. They are not available here and American suppliers won’t ship overseas. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. I need a sweet Apple that grows in warm sunny climate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Badia, I don't know the answer to your question, but here are a few things that might help.

      These varieties are not originally American and are available from many countries. So, you may have better luck from nurseries in Europe or Australia or South Africa or Asia. Pink Lady is also known as Cripps Pink.

      Are you seeking whole trees, or budwood? The latter may be easier to ship.

      Finally, I cannot comment on the suitability of these varieties for your climate. You may wish to confer with Kevin Hauser, whose blog is about growing apples "where they're not supposed to." He has had some success growing apples in sub-Sahara Africa.

      Delete
  2. If you come across a 'Yellow Bellflower', I'd love to see it reviewed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’d love your opinion of my childhood favorite, the 20 oz apple. It’s another originally from Bloomfield, NY, but is starting to show up in other regions because trees can now be bought online. It’s available now in my local orchard in NJ,

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! We'd love to know what you think.